During summer, the vehicle’s AC is more important to reduce the humidity & heat in the car. The temperature has re AC hed above 40 degrees in many areas of the country. In such harsh weather, we require an air conditioner. It comprises many components, including an electric compressor; an expansion valve that regulates refrigerant flow, and two heat exchangers with an evaporator and condenser. Refrigerant is a liquid, and when it flows through the system, it becomes a gas and returns to liquid form. It is useful in preventing the engine from overheating. But without proper maintenance of car air-conditioner or some other reason car ac is not working perfectly & we are getting various car AC problems.
Here we discuss a few major points which hardly responsible for the car ac problems. Also, we sharing the best solution to resolve problems in car AC. Our suggested solutions help in giving you relief from the hot temperatures and feel calm & relaxed.
List of common car AC problems
The car air-conditioner system is manufactured with numbers of components including the compressor. The car AC compressor is majorly responsible for the cooling & maintain the temperature inside the car cabin. Car AC problems can be a nightmare, especially in long-distance driving and hot weather. These problems will lead to feeling uncomfortable while driving in hot weather. However, these problems might affect the other car’s components. Let’s discuss what is the various car AC problems.
In most cases, these car AC problems are caused by refrigerant leakage. Air-conditioning components depend on refrigerants to keep the vehicle cool. If there is not enough refrigerant, then the air conditioner is not properly working. Although the leaks are the holes that can occur in the hoses, compressors, condensers, or evaporators damaged.
Oil leakage is another reason for the malfunction of vehicles’ AC. Here we suggested some ways which are helpful to prevent the vehicle AC problem.
You can try the following way to resolve this problem:
- Qualified automotive technicians must add refrigerant and fluorescent paint to the system to tr AC k leaks.
- After the addition, the technician turned on the air conditioner and used the bl AC k light to identify the leak to start repairs, and finally AC rated.
- Recharge to blow cold air again.
The hot air inside AC
While driving, if the cool air suddenly transformed into hot air, then may your car AC is damaged. Because the expansion valve is failed to supply the required amount of refrigerant. The clogged expansion valve prevents the refrigerant from entering the evaporator and can freeze the valve in the presence of moisture. We have suggested some ways which help solve this problem.
The way to resolve this problem:
- The air conditioner must be cold.
- Unless you are a certified technician, you will need to check system pressure and components for blockages or malfunctions.
The water lifted onto the floor
Mostly the lifted water will lead to bacteria. These bacteria are mixed in the airflow with the condensate on the coil to form a viscous film on the air-conditioning radiating fin. After this, the film is AC cumulated and blocks the drain. The drain is a rubber hose that starts from the evaporator heater block, passes through the floor, the chassis to remove excess water. The condensate fills the heater box and drips onto the vehicle floor, usually on the passenger side.
Try these following ways:
- If you find the car floor is wet, please send it to the car repair center for repair immediately.
- The technician must determine the cause of the blockage of the sewage line and repair or replace the hose as required.
If you turn on the air conditioner, you feel some mold smells. It is because the bacteria are growing in the system. This is a common situation in cars that rarely use air conditioners. Because of extra moisture, bacteria, molds, fungi, and other microorganisms grow in the evaporator. It will generate an unpleasant smell through the ventilation holes.
You can try the following ways:
- The air filter AC cumulates dust, water, and other pollutants and emits odors. Replacing the air filter will help solve this problem.
- If replacing the filter does not eliminate the unpleasant smell, the technician will need to add an antibacterial solution to the evaporator area to remove mold and other contaminants from the system.
Noise from AC
If you feel an unusual and annoying sound from your AC, then it may be a sign of a malfunctioning AC. The air conditioner is relatively quiet. If you turn on the air conditioner and hear rattling, popping, or other unusual noises, it is normal for you to feel a little nervous about the cause of the problem.
It will show the worn bearing, and the air conditioner may squeak or rub. The rattling noise may show a malfunction in the compressor clutch.
You can try the following ways:
- Continuing to use air conditioning will only make the situation worse. Send your car to a trusted expert for inspection.
- Through careful inspection, determine whether the key components have failed and need to be replaced.
Low refrigerant content
In most cases, this problem is caused by low refrigerant content. If there is not enough refrigerant in the system, the pressure will drop, which will prevent the clutch from starting the compressor to stop it. The system can also be caused by the following reasons:
- Clogged or damaged condenser: a condenser is a device that removes refrigerant from a gaseous state by removing heat and converting it back to a liquid state. The air entering the vent will not become cold.
- The clutch switch is damaged: If the component does not work, the air compressor will not work, thus preventing the liquid refrigerant from condensing in the gas.
You can try the following ways:
- The technician should check whether these key components are blocked, damaged, or malfunctioning, and replace them if necessary.
During summer, the car AC is most important for driving. But if in case your vehicle AC is not properly working. Then you have to diagnose your vehicle’s AC. There are several car AC problems that are responsible for the malfunction of the air conditioner. Also, when you buy any used engine car this is very important to check all the parts & components of the car air-conditioner system.
In this article, we have described some common vehicle AC problems with their solutions. They may use to prevent your AC from damaging. Although if there is a minor issue in your car AC. So you can check it by yourself and resolve it. Otherwise, the vehicle AC can also become a major problem. Because it also affects the other car components. You have to diagnose it with a specialist.