If you have purchased an engine to place it in your car without the help of a mechanic. So must read this article till the end it will be beneficial for you.
It is a very good idea to install an engine in your car yourself. Sometimes we feel happy by working our work yourself. In this article, we will tell you engine installation tips and procedures. Because installing it in your car is not easy work, it requires skill and good experience. If you have none of them it could be dangerous for your car because a single wrong step can cause big harm to the car.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to learn mechanical engineering to attempt this step successfully. You need only one thing and that is a good direction to replace it, which we will provide you in this article.
Check The Engine Before Bring It To Home
- Before you start purchasing do the whole inspection which you have chosen.
- Make sure the engine you are purchasing is exactly the same as your previous one which was in your car.
- In the old car’s engine, minor leakage is ordinary it is not a huge problem. But if you are looking for a new generation check the leakage properly.
- If you are purchasing a used engine check the parts carefully. Worn and broken parts and components do not cause failure instantly but after a few months, they will definitely create problems. If you find any damage component or part inside it refuses to buy and search for another.
- If the miles on the engine’s timing belt or chain are over factory specification, make positive to exchange the timing components. You’ll get much better headaches when you install an engine with worn-out timing components.
- It would be a better idea to inspect the used engine in morning environment. Because it was at rest from eight or nine hours. It can reveal all the hidden problems. It is also known as cold testing of the machine.
These were some important points about how to buy a used engine now let’s start how to install it in the car.
How To Install An Engine In A Car
Follow the steps and install the engine in your car yourself without the help of a mechanic.
Old Engine Removing Steps
- Open the hood of the car to remove the old engine from it. After removing it do not forget to fix screws again in the hood so you will not lose them.
- Set up the old engine for replacement. Pull out the fan belts, battery and air intake housing from the motor.
- Flush all the fluids from the previous engine. Drain the lubrication oil via the oil drain plug on the oil pan.
- After flushing lubrication oil gasoline, Freon and coolant liquid remains, drain it from the radiator petcock. The fluid which is removed from the old can be reused in the new engine.
- Disconnect the wiring from the car
- Opening the motor from the transmission. On rear-wheel-drive vehicles, it will be behind the engine. On the front-wheel-drive model, it will be to the right of the motor between it and the drive wheel. Most transmissions will not be easily removed until the engine is removed from the engine.
- Be very careful not to connect the bolt to the engine block, as it will be very difficult to drill and tap the bolt with a broken head.
- Detach motor mount bolt: Disconnect the motor mount completely, and then take out the device. You will need to use a wrench at one end of the motor mount bolt, as you use to loosen one wrench and take out the nut from the other side.
- Now it is time to pull out your engine from the car, to do this use a cheery picker engine hoist to remove it from the car.
How to Install New Engine
The work of pulling out engine has done, now the next step is to set a new engine inside the vehicle.
- Using the cherry picker engine hoist slowly place the engine to the position, by using the same method which you used to remove the old one. But before placing it check once again the engine. Is it similar to your previous one?
- Now bolt the engine using nuts and assemble all the accessories fan belts, battery and air intake.
- Connect all the components which were connected with the engine.
- And the last step to take, reusing of fluids. Refill the coolant liquid and the engine oil in it to run it smoothly.
Now your car is ready again to run on the road. Put the key on the keyhole and start your to take a test drive. To check the engine you have a place is working properly or not.